Areas of Expertise
Inclusive Design, Equality and Diversity, Access for All
Providing inclusive design advice for the past 20 years within built, pedestrian and transport environments; Caroline is recognised for provision of high-level consultancy backed by policy and research expertise.
Much of Caroline’s work is focused around user involvement, engagement and training. She can convey technical information in a user-friendly format.
Examples of clients include:
- Welsh Government: Active Travel Guidance
- City of London Corporation: Healthy Streets Plan Equality Analysis
- St George’s Concert Hall, Bristol: Grade II* renovation and extension
Caroline is an accomplished trainer and facilitator with extensive experience of designing and delivering training for a wide range of audiences. Current training commissions include:
- Network Rail: Inclusive Leadership
- Centre for Accessible Environments: various
- The Royal Institute of British Architects: Core CPD
A member of the British Standards Institute Consumer and Public Interest Network (BSI CPIN), Caroline sits on the committee and editorial groups which prepared the current BS8300 ‘Design of an accessible and inclusive built environment’ (2018).
Further, Caroline is a member of the International Standards Committee reviewing the current International Standard ISO 21542 ‘Accessibility and Usability of the Built Environment’. She also sits on the Access Association’s National Council as journal editorial panel representative.